Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Cook AND I Bake. Take That Rachael Ray.

I love Greg.  Thats what my boyfriend told me to write when I said I didn't know how to start my blog.  Well I do love my boyfriend, but thats not what my blog is about.

I'm finally loving summer with the humidity gone and the temperatures a little lower.  Its almost like fall, but with all the summer food you can enjoy.  Our garden is full of so many ripening tomatoes and peppers, I can't wait to start enjoying them.  My coworker was nice enough to share some of her zucchini out of her garden and I've been experimenting with them a little bit.  So for our dinner tonight we had a pretty amazing meal.  Not the prettiest on a plate, but soooo tasty.  Thanks to my boyfriend we had homemade breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches and some delicious peaches and cream sweet corn, and I prepared some baked zucchini fries.


Now you think that we'd have no more room left after all this food, but if you knew how delicious the cupcakes were that I made you would understand how you could make room.  I had made some yummy red velvet cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting for my co-workers last day and I saved a few for Greg and I to enjoy :)  If I could I would make enough for all of you to enjoy, so I'm insisting that you try this recipe.  They're so easy!  You won't regret it!


Red Velvet Cupcakes

1 package red velvet cake mix (2 layer size)
1 package jello chocolate instant pudding (3.9 oz size)
1 package cream cheese, softened (8 oz size)
1/2 cup  butter or margarine, softened
4 cups powdered sugar 
1 cup thawed cool whip
 
-Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes, blending dry pudding mix into batter before spooning into muffin cups.  Cool.
 -Beat cream cheese and butter with mixer until well blended.  Gradually beat in powdered sugar.  Whisk in cool whip.
-Spoon frosting into large plastic storage bag and seal.  Cut off a small corner of the bottom of the bag and use to pipe onto cupcakes.  Keep refrigerated!

No comments:

Post a Comment