Monday, January 2, 2012

Cold Air Makes Me Creative

Well, it's finally starting to feel like winter.  There's not a blizzard or anything keeping us inside, but who wants to be outside in 30+ mph wind?  Cold wind?!  I kept myself busy this weekend with several projects, mostly inspired by my new addiction to Pinterest, but also things that I've planned on doing and have never done. 

Started out the weekend by making my mom's homemade salsa.  Not as good as hers, but still impressive for my first time.  And by myself!  Then I decided to decorate my powder room.  Greg helped me paint it a while ago, and I was having a hard time adjusting to the pink, but now that I'm decorating I'm enjoying it more.  The first thing to go up was a decal of the Eiffel Tower that I got as a birthday gift... back in August!  It was a pain in the butt to put it up, but I think it looks great!


Then I saw an idea on Pinterest for organizing my scarves.  I had seen several DIY methods just using shower curtain rings and a hanger, but I thought it was messy and looked the same.  So when I saw that someone had used a towel bar with S hooks and metal rings, I thought it looked much more organized and more of a way to decorate the room!  Now I certainly have more than 12 scarves, but this got my most used ones out of a pile.  The rest will go into the suitcase that I'm decorating (pictures coming later!).  I also put the shelf above the bar because I have so many trinkets that needed a home, and I think it looks really clean over the bar... kind of like my old merchandising days :)


I have some more shelves to decorate with and more suitcases to paint, so there will be more pictures soon.  Special thanks to my boyfriend, Greg, and his power drill!

No comments:

Post a Comment