Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wii Like To Party

Greg's brother had a Wii party this weekend! Knowing there was probably gonna be some drinking, I thought I'd bring along some food.  I had a recipe for cupcakes that I had been wanting to try, but I also knew that I should probably bring something salty to balance it out, so I brought my Greek Dip to share!


Greek Dip

Mix together one 8 oz package of softened cream cheese with 1/2 cup Miracle Whip and spread out on a platter.  Top with chopped cucumber, black olives, seeded tomatoes (I seed them so the dip doesn't get soggy), and garlic and herb feta.

*We serve our dip with an option of either baked Ritz crackers or Garlic Triscuits.

As for the cupcakes, I knew I was pretty excited to try out this new recipe, but I had no idea how popular they would be.  The recipe that I found said it should yield 48 cupcakes, but apparently I make my cupcakes a little larger and ended up with about 36.  They are super easy to make and I can't believe I haven't made them sooner!


Neapolitan Cupcakes

1 (19.5 oz) package brownie mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
1 (18.25 oz) package strawberry cake mix
1/3 cup canola oil
1 1/3 cups water
3 eggs 
Vanilla frosting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the brownie mix, eggs, canola oil and water in a bowl. Fill paper muffin cups 1/3 full with brownie mix.  Then mix together cake mix, canola oil, water, and eggs in a bowl.  Pour the cake mix over the brownie mix, filling the paper muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake 15-20 minutes.  Remove from pan and let completely cool before frosting.

This recipe is just kind of a general guideline.  You'll want to make sure that the box mixes that you pick up cook at the same temperature.  Then just mix the ingredients listed on the box according to the package directions.  I've read that if you refrigerate the brownie mix before you put it in the muffin cups, that the brownies come out a little gooier.

Both of these recipes were super easy, and I ended up going home empty handed!  Oh, and if you were wondering... my cocktail for the night was a mixture of whipped cream flavored vodka, cranberry juice, apple juice, and ginger ale!


No comments:

Post a Comment