Monday, January 2, 2012

Easy Cheesy

I should be writing about the Shrimp Puffs that I made for Christmas, but I didn't take a picture of them and I don't plan on making them again any time soon.  These cheeseballs were another appetizer for our Christmas dinner.  I got the recipe out of my Food Network magazine and they were easy to make, but weren't anything amazing.  Next time I plan on mixing in jalapenos or trying different things for the cheeseball recipe itself!  I rolled mine in almonds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and a mixture of bacon bits and paprika.


Mini Cheesballs

Mix 8 oz softened cream cheese with 1 tsp worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest and 1 cup shredded firm cheese (I used mild shredded cheddar); season with salt and pepper. Form into 1-inch balls using moistened hands.  Chill 4 hours, then roll in toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment